Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Chickpea Dip

One of my favourite treats from Christmas used to be crab dip....which no longer works in my life because the dip has crab and cream cheese. So, I decided to test out a vegetarian dairy-free version.

I wasn't sure I would like this with the 'fake' cream cheese, but once I chilled it I didn't notice much of a difference.

I like this stuff well enough that it's difficult not to eat it straight from the container. I have to force myself to eat veggies or crackers with it.

Ingredients

  • 2/3 cup canned chickpeas
  • 4 oz of Tofutti cream cheese
  • 1 1/2 tbs of French dressing
  • 1 tbs of ketchup
  • 1 tbs of chopped onion
  • 1/4 cup of mayo (you could use a vegan one here)

Directions

  1. Mash up the chickpeas with a fork or a potato masher. Mix in the other ingredients.
  2. Chill for at least an hour.
  3. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment