Monday, January 6, 2014

Happy New Year!

After some time away from the blogging world, I returned to Feedly to catch up on everything I missed. And I noticed that many writers are sharing their New Years Resolutions. You won't really find that here because I don't really 'do' resolutions. Sure, I'd like to be kinder, thinner, happier, and all that jazz....and I probably shouldn't cut in front of elderly people at the grocery store anymore (uh, it only happened once and it was mostly an accident)....

But really, I believe in continual internal change that isn't dictated by a calendar.

Anyway, can you tell that I've been spending the start of the year bingeing on Dawson's Creek courtesy of Netflix? Man those kids were overly verbose and opinionated.

I really need to focus here. Ok. So as I returned to the blogging world, I realized that I haven't done a 'wrap-up' since October. This doesn't mean that I haven't been eating, baking/cooking, or reading. It just means I was lazy.

As of late, I haven't been creating recipes as much as I have been falling back onto favourites. (which could also mean relying on dull boring routines).

Meal Planning

Grocery shopping is so much easier when you have an idea in your head of what you will be making. This week, that includes:
  • Black bean quesadillas
  • Inside-out Shepherd's Pie
  • Spaghetti Squash Spaghetti
  • Empty the fridge soup (a non-recipe loosely based on previously blogged squash soup recipes)

In the Rest of my Life

  • I reached my goal of reading 45 books last year and have set a goal for 50 this year. I'm about to start Those who Save Us and continue to muddle my way through The Moral Lives of Animals, and The Highly Sensitive Person
  • I spent most of November and December knitting. I will use this month to knit stuff for myself...including finishing last year's January-focus-on-self project
  • Bunny Zayne is doing mostly ok. She needs drops in her eyes daily to reduce irritation. And now in addition to being deaf, she is elderly and pretty much blind. Luckily, she has a bunny companion (Behr) who helps her find her way around.

No comments:

Post a Comment