Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Cookie Dough Won Tons

I have totally dragged my heals on posting this recipe because I don't want to contribute to the obesity problem. And if you make these, you will eat them.

Do you know what is better than cookie dough? Cookie dough fried in won tons. If I had to pick one thing to eat for the rest of my life (and not gain weight) this would be it. I struggled with the title of this recipe, wavering between:
 
Baked vs. fried

    1. The road to world peace
2. This is all I ever need

3. and back off jerk, I'm not sharing





I found the recipe Seeded at the Table. They called theirs Cookie Dough Eggrolls. I made a few changes beyond replacing the egg rolls to lighten it up slightly. I also tried a baked version that just cannot compare.

Anway, here you go. My version resulted in 18 of the finished product but it could vary depending on how full you stuff the won tons

Ingredients

  • 1/2 cup of Earth Balance or other dairy-free butter replacement
  • 1/2 cup of brown sugar
  • 1 cup of flour
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/2 cup of chocolate chips
  • 36 won ton wrappers (approx.)
  • vegetable oil (for frying)
  • chocolate sauce (optional)

 

Directions


  1. Cream together the Earth Balance and brown sugar.
  2. Add the flour and vanilla. When combined, stir in the chocolate chips. Set aside.
  3. On a clean surface, join two won ton wrappers by wetting one edge with water. Press together. This will give you a rectangle shape. (see pictures below)
  4. Wet the outer edges of this rectangle.
  5. Spoon your cookie dough mixture into a line in the centre of the rectangle. Fold up the top and bottom, and then roll the rest, pressing it together gently.
  6. Heat slightly less than 1/2 an inch of vegetable oil in a deep but small skillet. (I heated mine on medium-high).
  7. Fry each piece ten seconds per side. They should brown and crisp. Place fried pieces on paper towel to drain off some of the oil.
  8. Continue until all the pieces are done.
  9. Serve warm and with chocolate sauce if you so desire.
  10. Try to share with others in your household. 
     

No comments:

Post a Comment