Thursday, July 11, 2013

White Bean & Sweet Potato Burger

 
Let's play a word association game. The word is SUMMER:
  • Hot & sticky
  • No to cooking
  • Yes to BBQing
  • Especially yes to someone else BBQing
  • Veggie burgers

Typically a veggie burger in my world is a processed one from the grocery store. I'm lazy, I've never used a BBQ, and making veggie burgers from scratch sounds time consuming and challenging. Luckily, someone else was up to the challenge. So while I'm blogging about it, I had no part in the making of these burgers.

The recipe we (ha, see I'm already taking credit for the work!) used was found here. It was slightly adapted to include more sweet potato. Reviews around the table (or corner of the table since some of the animal eaters around the table are allergic to all things vegetable) were good. We all liked the flavor of the burgers. And they are pretty and didn't even look that hard to make. Who knows, maybe some day I will even try them on my own. For now, I will share the pictures and take minimal credit.

No comments:

Post a Comment