Monday, August 5, 2013

tijya in the tropics

You may have noticed that things were quiet around these parts for the past little bit....well, I abandoned you to spend a week in beautiful St. Lucia. Before my departure, I had planned to have posts scheduled so you wouldn't miss my absence. Unfortunately, I'm not as organized as I pretend to be.

I'm home now and trying to readjust to the real world. For example, I should be making my standard bean salad and mock tuna salad. I should also start marinating my portabella mushroom that I plan to eat for supper and should at least consider tackling vacation laundry. I opted for none-of-the-above.

When we told people that we were going to St Lucia, they responded with appropriate 'oohs' and the occasional, 'wow, it will be really hot!' And it was very hot. Technically, I should likely vacation at a Canadian cottage since the climate is more suited to my preferences.

It is 71 degrees Fahrenheit in my house and I'm wearing a sweater. But at 87.8 degrees (or 109.4 with humidity) I got heat rash and became super lethargic. And really, tropical locations don't work with my fair skin. I can get a sunburn in the shade and take careful precaution to stay safe. I am happy to report that I only experienced a minor sunburn and that I was not the palest person there. The heat rash was the most annoying consequence as it limited some activities but relaxing on the beach is ok too.

The next few posts will be about my trip. I haven't typed out my thoughts (yet) but I will likely blog about our return to Canada, the food in St Lucia, and maybe some comments about the resort. And then eventually, things will return to normal and you will read about my not-so-exciting life. Like right now, which consists of the end of procrastination and the beginning of kitchen stuff. In a minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment