I serve smaller serving sizes when it comes to soup it seems, and got about 9 servings (1 cup each) out of this in comparison to skinnytaste.com's six servings.
1/2 cup of chopped of a coloured bell pepper
1/2 cup of green pepper
1 cup of chopped onion
3 cloves of garlic
1 can of lentils (about 2 cups)
28 oz can of petite diced tomatoes
1 3/4 tomato sauce (I used spaghetti sauce)
2 cups of veggie broth
- In a large pot, sautee onions, peppers, and garlic for a few minutes.
- Add the lentils, tomatoes, tomato sauce, broth, and spices.
- Cover and simmer for approximately thirty minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook your rice.
- Serve soup and top with your cooked rice.
If you eat dairy and/or aren't vegan, it would be super yummy with cheese on top.