Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Wrapping Up


It seems like I've been super busy these days, but it has been a healthy busy. Except for quitting the challenge of 20 grams of sugar or less. It was messing with my head and I was having 'off' days. I am going to try to keep my sugar low and avoid processed snacks like granola bars. And the Oreos are not invited back into my house.

(Some) Stuff I Ate

Eggplant Parm with Salad
Stir fry











Stuff I want to Eat

My plan may change since our oven is not working and my husband doesn't seem concerned by it. Even after I reminded him that I won't be able to make apple turnover thingies. He may get on it when I point out that this will change the plans to have lasagna and shepherd's pie.
  • Did you guess I want to make lasagna and shepherd's pie? And apple turnover thingies. Well, you should have guessed that. If not, you aren't actually reading.
  • Stir fry leftovers
  • Stuffed peppers
  • Mexican casserole
  • Something on the BBQ

 

In the Rest of My Life

  • I finished reading The Best of Me and My Secret Sister. Meh on both accounts. I found The Best of Me predictable. It was a let down. I'm not sure why I bothered since there are few books by Nicholas Sparks that I love. My Secret Sister was ok but it really dragged on at the end and became way too sunshine-y for my liking.
  • I'm now reading Lullabies for Little Criminals and We Bought a Zoo.
  • The vet did not bankrupt me but I had to go back and that is another $150 out of pocket. But maybe an extension on bunny-Zayne's meds will fix up her eyes. And that might mean that I won't find her sitting facing the wall so much.
  • I bought a Fitbit One. And now I can't stop moving. Well, I can and I have had lazy days. But it is pretty motivating to try getting 10 000 steps daily. Some people say this is easy. I say that they must be buff totally fit exercise fanatics.
  • On my radar: Skinny Pumpkin Spiced Snickerdoodlescinnamon buns, Tahini Chocolate Chip Cookies, Vegan Caramel Peanut Popcorn, Chewy Chocolate Chip Breakfast Cookies, Pumpkin Muffins, and Lentil Walnut Apple Loaf,.
  • The above lists tell me that it is officially fall, that I spend too much time pinning things on pinterest, and that my focus on limiting my sugar made me obsessed with baking ideas.
  • Coming up: apple turnover thingies, Tomato Herb Soup, and a review of the Fitbit One.

Walk gawking
(aka appreciating scenery)
More walk gawking
You get the idea





No comments:

Post a Comment