Sunday, September 1, 2013

World's Best No Bake Bars

A few weeks ago I saw the World's Best No Ba1ke Bars floating around on Facebook. I don't really get people posting recipes to Facebook because it would be a pain to find later (and that's what Pinterest is for). I make exceptions to people sharing recipes with others in mind but I still don't really get it.

As usual, I made alterations to the recipe.

Ingredients

  • 1 cup smooth peanut butter
  • 1/2 cup maple syrup (the original recipe called for honey)
  • 1/2 cup coconut oil
  • 1 cup shredded coconut
  • 1 cup dry oats
  • 1 cup Rice Krispies*
  • 1 1/4 cups of chocolate chips
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract





Directions

  1. Melt the peanut butter, maple syrup, and coconut oil on the stove. Remove from heat.
  2. Add the chocolate chips and stir until melted.
  3. Add the remaining ingredients and stir.
  4. Pour into a pan and cool in the fridge.
  5. Enjoy!

* the original recipe called for 2 cups of oats and no Rice Krispies. I like the crunch that my alteration provided.

No comments:

Post a Comment