Monday, February 18, 2013

Catching up

Early last week I noticed I was reacting to dairy. I had cut it out for a few days and felt better (mostly). However, I was away for the weekend and ate a bunch of tempting yummy stuff and then came home and kept at it. Today has been a not-so-great day because of it...and as of tomorrow I plan to eliminate dairy from my diet for 3 ish weeks. I'm hoping I will be able to re-introduce certain things (like cheese and milk-chocolate).

Today is family day in Ontario so treated it like a Sunday. On Sundays I tend to relax a bit and try a few new food things. Unfortunately, I didn't have the ingredients for any recipes. So I got creative. I sauteed some veggies and sliced up some potato, which I baked with a bit of oil and topped with nutritional yeast. And then because we had a naan bread left, I chopped up some garlic and made it into garlic bread. Yummy. :)

I also spent time today making the Yummy Couscous Salad that I have blogged about previously. I changed it up a bit so it is dairy free. I don't like it *as much* but it will pass for a few easy lunches.

No comments:

Post a Comment