Sunday, February 10, 2013

Weekly plan

Things have been moving a bit more slowly this week because I have been plagued with migraines. I am not a fan. I likely overdid things yesterday by ignoring the migraine and living normal life. I finally got my hair cut, did a bit of shopping, and rearranged the rabbit room. It wasn't a good day.

I'm undecided on the haircut. I've had it tied back since I got home and am not up to brushing it to see what it looks like a day later. I'm not expecting to love it because, as usual, I cheaped out and opted for a last-minute less than $20 cut. I've only ever been happy with this approach once. Other times I try to fix it myself....and I'm not a hair dresser.

Oh well. Yesterday I explained what I wanted. I was really descriptive so she couldn't mess it up. I asked her to cut off a bunch, but not so much that I can't tie it back. And that I wanted layers. As she picked up the scissors and started chopping away, I realized that I do like my hair long but just want more shaping to it. That's how indecisive I am...I can change my mind in seconds. But being that she had already started, I just went with it.

Next up I went shopping. I wanted to go to the Bulk Barn to buy cardamom and nutritional yeast. And apparently their entire selection of Valentine's Day treats. You know, to show the husband how much I love him.....and sugar.

Then I went grocery shopping. I picked up a few new-to-me items that I will likely review down the road. And as I was at the check-out, I looked over my cart and was kind of disappointed at how much pre-packaged stuff we eat...especially when you consider that some of the fresh produce is shared with the bunnies.

Ah, yes, the bunnies....I spent the rest of the day rearranging their room. It took over five hours. My head hurt every time I moved and bunny Naveen was a little twerp who found her way into out-of-bounds areas. Not good times, especially since I'm dissatisfied with the finished product.

Anyway, that was yesterday. Today, I'm taking a quieter approach in hopes that my migraine will move along and let me prepare for a wonderful work-week. So far, I have cleaned up a tiny bit so my husband doesn't come home to a disaster zone. And I threw stuff in the crock pot for supper.

Because of my migraine, I'm not really super planned for the week. Tonight we will be having chili. For the rest of the week I'm thinking we might have a casserole, stir-fry, and flat-bread pizza. Lunches will likely be the same as last week.

No comments:

Post a Comment