This dessert is a mash-up of a couple of desserts with some tweaks. It's primarily based off of this recipe. The original recipe is really good, but it's not dairy free. My modifications came with some rave reviews.
- 2/3 cup of Oreo crumbs
- 2 tbs of Earth balance, melted
- 1 tub of Tofutti cream cheese
- 2/3 cup of peanut butter
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 2/3 cup of almond milk
- 2/3 cup of canola oil
- 1 tbs maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbs flour
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- Mix together the Oreo crumbs and Earth balance to form the base. Press into a bread loaf pan and set aside.
- Combine the cream cheese, peanut butter, and sugar until well blended. Set aside.
- In a blender, mix the almond milk, oil, maple syrup, vanilla, and flour. This should thicken up a bit but not to the point of cool whip.
- Add the blended mixture to the cream cheese mixture and mix well. Pour this into your loaf pan, leaving at least half of a cup of mixture in your bowl.
- Melt chocolate chips and add to the remaining mixture. Pour this on top of the stuff in the loaf pan and do fancy swirly stirring to make it look pretty.
- Add garnish of your choosing. This can consist of Oreo crumbs, cut up peanut butter cups, etc.
- Freeze to set for at least four hours.
- Serve directly from the freezer...or if you have guests with specific tastes (*cough* picky spouses *cough*) you can allow it to melt a bit before serving.