Sunday, June 30, 2013

Wrap up

This has been one awful week. I'm hoping things will get a bit easier moving forward. My coworkers continue to prove that they are awesome but it really would help if they would stab me or something because then I'd look forward to leaving. I am realizing that as much as I love my job, the environment has become toxic (for me). It's just not a good space to be anymore.

With all of that going on, this past week has been the longest one ever, which is probably why I have so many pictures to share.

(Some) Stuff I Ate:

Portabella Pizza with Naan garlic bread
Gluten-free dairy free cupcake!
Veggie Kabobs - made by someone
else. And the nice thing about someone
 else  making them is that they include
the things that  I'm too lazy to take
the extra step for (like carrots)



Coconut fudge bar. Yum.


Stuff I want to Eat

This week is going to be pretty hot again, so basically we will be BBQing as much as we can. And by 'we', I naturally mean my husband. Grocery shopping was a pain this week because our usual store continues to let us down. We had to make an extra stop and could only buy portabella mushrooms in a pack of four. My husband doesn't like mushrooms. Guess what I will be eating a lot of?
  • Veggie burger topped with portabella mushroom
  • Stuffed Portabella mushroom
  • Veggie dog?
  • Grilled veggies

 

In the Rest of My Life

  • I believe I mentioned earlier my coworkers are awesome. Please refer to exhibit 'awesome'.
  • Our garden is growing like mad. Weeds included. See exhibit 'we need a gardener'
  • I finished MORE books! I'm a reading machine. Kind of. I mostly enjoyed It's Kind of a Funny Story. It's written from a youth perspective and has a realness to it, which slightly wanes once he...well, I won't ruin it for you.
  • I also enjoyed Escape from Camp 14. It's about an individuals experience in North Korea and his eventual escape. There was a good balance of personal story and information.
  • And then I finished Little Bee. This was pretty good.
  • Now I'm reading The China Study and Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children
  • Coming up in my life I am expecting a visit from my gardener sister and her amazing little girl. The countdown is on!
  • There will be a cook-off proving that my vegan mashed potatoes are better (or equal to) my husband's mashed potatoes....*and* a challenge that will pit my dairy-free oatmeal chocolate chunk cookies against my husband's cookies. I shall win and take over the world.
  • What to expect in the blog? Uh, I have no clue. I'm hearing crickets.

Exhibit Awesome
Exhibit We Need a Gardener



No comments:

Post a Comment