But the thing is, it is too hot to cook inside...and despite the danger, my husband loves to "man the grill". Personally, I think it's just an excuse to drink beer. I don't do beer (blech!) or fire. However, I do need to eat.
So, I made up a marinade for my veggies, put them on skewers, and passed them off to the
I like things sweet and I continue to be mostly vague in recipes. If you are good with that, keep reading.
- Veggies (I used bell peppers, eggplant, zucchini, and onion)
- 1/4 cup of pineapple or apple juice
- 1 tbs of balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbs mustard (or honey mustard)
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped
- Cut your veggies into chunks. Set aside.
- Mix up the marinade and add veggies to it. Let soak for a while. (I did four ish hours)
- Place on skewers.
- Grill until cooked on BBQ. Eat & enjoy!