Saturday, May 4, 2013

Veggie Kabobs

Ahhh. BBQ season. It takes me way out of my comfort zone. For starters, I don't BBQ. I'd likely blow up the house. Secondly, my husband also shouldn't BBQ (based on the two fires involving camping BBQ stoves and then the fire in the oven).

But the thing is, it is too hot to cook inside...and despite the danger, my husband loves to "man the grill". Personally, I think it's just an excuse to drink beer. I don't do beer (blech!) or fire. However, I do need to eat.




 
So, I made up a marinade for my veggies, put them on skewers, and passed them off to the fire-starter cook. And they turned out yummy. I do need to add a new disclaimer for my recipes though.

I like things sweet and I continue to be mostly vague in recipes. If you are good with that, keep reading.

Ingredients:

  • Veggies (I used bell peppers, eggplant, zucchini, and onion)
  • 1/4 cup of pineapple or apple juice
  • 1 tbs of balsamic vinegar
  • 1 tbs mustard (or honey mustard)
  • 1 tsp soy sauce
  • 1 tsp olive oil
  • 1 clove of garlic, chopped

Steps

  1. Cut your veggies into chunks. Set aside.
  2. Mix up the marinade and add veggies to it. Let soak for a while. (I did four ish hours)
  3. Place on skewers.
  4. Grill until cooked on BBQ. Eat & enjoy!

1 comment: