Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Eggplant Ratatouille


Once I tried the Eggplant Parmesan (blogged here), I needed another recipe to use up the remaining eggplant. So I made an Eggplant Ratatouille. It's based off of a recipe in 150 Vegan Favourites, but I did make some changes. The original recipe includes macaroni. I think it would be good on its own and would likely serve mine over rice if I were to add something to the dish.

Ingredients

  • 1/3 cup onion
  • garlic (amount according to taste preference)
  • 1/2 cup bell pepper
  • 1/3 cup diced mushrooms
  • 1 cup diced eggplant
  • 1 cup chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
  • 1/2 can of diced tomatoes (preferably flavoured and diced way smaller than what is pictured)
  • spaghetti sauce (amount according to taste preference)
  • choice of seasoning (Italian spice, etc)

Directions

  1. Fry the onion, garlic, bell pepper, mushrooms, eggplant, and chickpeas over medium heat.
  2. Add your choice of seasoning and stir in the tomatoes and spaghetti sauce and simmer for ten-ish minutes.
  3. Remove from heat and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment