But here we are. Tonight's 'recipe' isn't really a recipe. It's more of a meal idea because I didn't make any measurements of anything. Basically, I had tofu souvlaki and my husband had chicken souvlaki. Because I can't have dairy, I whipped up sauce that was my own version of tzatziki sauce. Sure, it wasn't exactly the same but I knew my creation wouldn't cause a headache or make me all bloated and stuff. Win win.
- Pita bread
- Tofutti Better than Sour Cream
- White balsamic vinegar
- Bell pepper
- And whatever veggies you want
- Chop up some cucumber and mix in a combination of tofutti and mayo. Add a dash of white balsamic vinegar. Mix it all up and adjust according to your taste preferences. Set aside.
- Chop up onion, garlic, bell pepper, tomato and whatever veggies you want. Set aside.
- Fry up your tofu.
- Heat your pita bread. Add tofu, veggies, and a crapload of sauce. Wrap in tinfoil for less mess.