Saturday, January 5, 2013

Introduction

Once upon a time I was relatively successful on Weight Watchers. And then I stopped following the program and BAM! The weight all came back. This is my fault, not the program.

I could easily follow Weight Watchers, but I can't seem to 'get there' these days. So, instead, I'm focusing on controlling food binges and shifting to a vegetarian diet. I'm not looking to lose weight right now. I am looking to make healthier food decisions and eat according to my values. I never thought I would do the vegetarian thing. Ever.

But then I saw a youtube video by the Beagle Freedom Project which showed animal-tested beagles experiencing freedom and grass for the first time.



It broke my heart and I made the decision to switch to cruelty-free products. I have been cruelty-free for a year.

Then a bunch of recalls came out for ground beef. It made me question why I eat beef, as I don't really like it. So it made sense to avoid beef. I didn't expect to take it any further than that....but I watched Food, Inc and decided to ditch the whole meat thing completely. I'm not perfect and I may eat meat down the road but right now, it's the right decision for me.

2 comments:

  1. What are you using for makeup?
    Holly
    p.s. that video is heart-breaking and mind-opening

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been using Almay....however, it is my understanding that they recently started testing on animals in select markets (China I believe) so I will be on the hunt for a new brand once I finish off what I have.

    ReplyDelete