Tuesday, January 15, 2013

The Nudge

As I mentioned in my 'intro' post, my move towards vegetarianism was prompted by a few different things. I won't just re-list that now...but I did want to cover a couple of things. First, Food, Inc made me reconsider my dietary needs and choices. It is an eye-opening and thought provoking documentary that shines a light on the food industry. Prior to seeing this documentary I was already avoiding red meat. Following it, I became a vegetarian.

For others considering the switch, a website I found helpful: How to Become a Vegetarian, the Easy Way. It has some tips and things to consider.

For me, this is all still a work in progress. This week I'm focusing on adding in healthier choices. I've made up a loose meal plan - which is completely new to us! We are definitely having vegan chili (my husband is going to do a meat version), tofu-souvlaki, and a stir-fry (with which I will try quinoa for the first time - eek!) Other contenders are pizza, spaghetti bake, and spaghetti squash.

And the fact that blogger does not recognize souvlaki and quinoa in the spell check makes me feel pretty good about my exploration of new-to-me foods. :)  Yay me!

No comments:

Post a Comment